Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Design Wall

Now that the Quilt show is over and the threads have settled, I can get back to projects I began earlier in the year.  Bonnie Hunter, of Quiltville, is an amazing scrappy quilt designer.  I have wanted to make her pattern, Smith Mountain Morning, for a while now.  It's from her book called Scraps and Shirttails II.  I just finished the courthouse steps blocks today and added them to the star blocks on my design wall.  I wasn't sure how it would look all together.  It seemed so busy as I was working on individual blocks, but up on the wall, the varieties of shades do read as one.  I like it.

I really do love teals and browns together.  Bonnie's version includes many more blocks, but I like working with large lap sized quilts.  I find them a little more manageable.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look with the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment