I finally quilted some of my doodles onto fabric. Thank you Ann Fahl for your inspirational tutorial hosted by SewCalGal. I decided to divide up the space on the fabric with small channels and create designs within the spaces. Often, background designs need to fit around and within other elements. This helped me to practice quilting various designs with a little backtracking within a defined space.
Some March doodles.
I used King Tut thread, 40 weight, 3 ply, with 50 weight Coats and Clark in the bobbin. I used the 90/14 topstitch needle that was recommended on the King Tut label. I'm seeing just how important it is to have samples like this to test tension and threads on a regular basis and as a reminder of designs.