Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feather Doodle, Day One

The February FMQ tutorial hosted by SewCalGal was posted today.  Diane Gaudynski is the featured expert.  She provides an amazing wealth of information about her process.  I have decided to spend some time practicing in pen before attempting her lessons with thread.  Her feathers are so well formed.  I would love to be able to master them.  I have become somewhat comfortable quilting them my way, but really need to develop balance and finesse.  She echoes each feather with a small channel between each.  I have become used to stitching on the shared line.  I want to develop a repertoire of styles.

So here is day one of practice.


I think I will number the pages I doodle so I can look at the progression over the first part of the month.  During the last half of the month, I will practice on fabric sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment