Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Block Layout Preview

The blocks are complete and they went together well.  A few of the star points are a little closer to the edge than a quarter of an inch.  I will need to be watchful when I sew the sashing strips on.  I ironed the last seams away from the center, which has made the intersection of the points visible.  That will really help.  After all this work, I really do not want to cut off those nice sharp points.

Ignore the flowered pattern at the bottom of the picture.

A second possible setting.
It is nice to view possibilities as a photograph.  It seems easier to view it objectively and critically.  I think I like this second setting better, yet I had planned initially on doing the first.  I am not yet sure what colour I will use in the middle of the gold and orange squares to join the sashing strips.  Hmmmm!  More auditioning needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment