Friday, January 20, 2012

Hanging By A Thread

I completed all the vertical rows and I am just about to start the horizontal rows.  I am so glad that there are sashing strips.  I have been able to sew with the back of each block facing me, so I have been able to make sure to sew right through the x of star point stitches.


I will iron the seams after completing the horizontal rows.  The seams should lock together if I push each toward the sashing strip.  Im almost there.


I like the look of the blocks that have a greater difference in value. 




The dark browns that blend seem a little less visually interesting.  I would really like to do something scrappy, but I havent completed enought quilts yet to have a stash of scraps.  Oh well, careful what I wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment