Friday, January 6, 2012

Playing With Charm Squares

I spent the day with a group of dedicated quilters and started a new project using charm squares.  About 30 members from the local quilt guild chatted together, shared ideas, and inspired each other with our work.  What a great way to spend the day.


When I returned home, I began the process of squaring up the blocks using a set of Triangle in a Square rulers by Quilt in a Day.  These will become Tennessee Waltz blocks or a variation called Grandmother,s Garden.  Eleanor Burns gives a great tutorial on creating this block at her Quilt in a Day site. 


The four patches will go in the centre of each block and I'll make additional four patches to go in the corners.  I plan to add a bolder colour to the corner four patches.  I hope to have additional photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment