Monday, August 20, 2012

Behind the Scenes at Crawford's Farm

One quilt in particular hanging at Crawford's farm really tugged at me.  I just love this pattern done in this colour way.  It's not overly complicated.  It's just so effective.  It's made up of 9 patches and rails set on point.

Love how the sunlight highlights the quilting details.
Close up of quilting.
This quilt is well traveled.
I think I was the only person taking pictures of backs.
What great texture.
Our local quilt store, Snip and Stitch, recently hosted a summer sale.  Some of their charm squares were on sale for 50% off.  I purchased the last 2 packs of Rouenneries Deux by French General for Moda.  I think it might just be the same fabric that was used for this quilt.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is interested in the backs of quilts.  I love the texture that quilting creates.  It can only truly be appreciated by sneaking a peek at the back.  So here's a behind the scenes look at the quilts at Crawford's farm.


And finally, here are some front details of beautiful quilting.




Now I'm off to a Wild Bird of Prey Sanctuary about an hour away.  Hope they allow pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment