Friday, August 24, 2012

Crackers and Cheddar

 The half-square triangles I made with the light background just couldn't be worked in with the Jacob's Ladder blocks from the previous post.  So I played with the layout a little and came up with these two designs.  Now what do I do?  I like them both.  I think either would make a nice center for a 'Round Robin' style quilt.


This is going to be so tiny when the seams are added ... and so bulky.  I'm not sure how it will quilt.  I'm not good at quilting over bulk!!!  I may just have to make a bigger one after playing with this trial piece:-)

Head over to Patchwork Times to be inspired by what others are doing this week.

3 comments:

  1. Vicki, I love this -- your fabric/color choices are superb!! It's a very happy, fun piece! I'm working on a somewhat similar piece, only in purples/blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I like the second layout better because it lets the eye rest on the star.

    ReplyDelete